Thursday, March 18, 2010

moving on.....

As most of my friends know,A huge event is taking place in my life.Owning a home.Something I never dreamed possible,often wondering how I might move forward ,expecting to be old and grey still residing in this decrepit abode.
Nickole and I moved in here after we were married in 1998,not sure what to expect or how long we may be able to stay.But slowly we became comfortable and made tentative plans to reside here for a long time.Dreams of construction and creation were abundant.After a few years I realized what I had access to, a private stretch of black top that I could do as I pleased with, and slowly my private skatepark was erected.

Over the years it changed and grew and finally it became what any slightly anti social skater could hope for,seclusion.Now with my days remaining here being less than two,I had my last small session here this morning, and I remembered all the goodness that existed outside my door, and how much I will miss the cool morning sessions I enjoyed on the regular.Hopefully I will continue my legacy at the new waite estates, but for now I will find my stoke where it may lie, in the alleys and parking lots with my family in tow.Thanks to anyone who came over and enjoyed reginald and basked in his glow.I'm gonna miss you buddy......










2 comments: