Monday, August 8, 2011

Sponsor me part 7 - The king of freestyle Reilly Schlitt

You ever go to A new park and you see A local cruising around and every trick they do you think " What the fuck? What was that?", that was my introduction to Reilly at Mercer Island. He had King of freestyle scrawled on his grip and rock tight trucks and a shit load of wacky maneuvers that blew my mind. Over the next few years I would bump into him periodically and watch him develop into one of the most creative people I'll ever meet. I have A file on my old pc just for his random tricks I would get sent over aim, and I always envied his approach to skating, he saw spots in a much different light and to this day still lives far outside the confines of the box I'm stuck inside.
This was on the same dvd I got with Lukes footage, and both videos will be on repeat for me for a bit, as we may be friends but I will remain a huge fan for life. Hoping I may stumble upon the rose colored glasses they adorned so long ago, and learn to take the road less traveled.


1 comment:

  1. Reilly is the king of krafty. 1:12, sweet success. Go get'em.

    ReplyDelete