Monday, September 13, 2010

Jamie Bernard

  My brother Kyle skated with Jamie many years ago, probably around 1991-94.  They were pretty good friends for a while.  I was rather young and barely skated but I remember going over to Jamie's house once, where he had a slew of ramps in his back yard.  The guy seemed like a pro to me he was so good.  When my family moved away from Seattle to Issaquah, Jamie and Kyle's friendship sort of ended.  Years and years went by.  One day at Innerspace, I saw someone who looked familiar.  I asked who he was and sure enough it was Jamie.  He remembered me and my brother, which was cool.  And, of course, his skating was still  unbelievable.  He was doing transfers I had never even thought of, much less witnessed.  Sadly, that man is now gone.  I wish I had known him better, but I'm glad I can say that I did at all.  You'll be missed man.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie was a fine young man, and it a great shame that he took himself from the world. He had much to live, and he was a quality fellow. We in Madison Park are so saddened by his unfortunate demise. We wish he where here today, because he so much positive energy to benefit himself and the world. We are much the less for his demise. We miss him, on our block - he was a very good boy and a very nice neighbor!!!!!!!! It is a sad week here on our block. Harvey Greenberg - Seattle

    ReplyDelete